Berean Studies / Ber09 - Love
(Use your Browser's "Find" or "Search" option to search within this page)
Single Click a triangle below to see the references CT Russell selected for the associated question. The study questions (with the references) are also included as an attached Adobe PDF file at the bottom of this page.
1. What is love?
2. How does the Apostle describe love?
3. How does the illustration of the spectrum assist us to comprehend love?
4. What is the distinction between natural , or human love, and spiritual , or divine love?
5. What is the difference between duty- love ( phileo) and disinterested or divine love ( agapee) ?
6. What is the three- fold manifestation of the spirit of love?
7. How may we distinguish between true and false love?
8. What is the importance of this grace?
9. How is love attained?
10. Why is an ‘aggressive warfare’ necessary to attain unto love?
11. What is the relative importance of the early ‘gifts’ of the Spirit, and the spirit of love?
12. Why should love be the mainspring of all our actions?
13. What is the relation between love and purity of heart, and how may we purify our hearts?
14. How is love the seal or evidence of our begetting as New Creatures?
15. Why is love called ‘ the mark ‘ ?
16. What are the four ‘quarter- marks’ of the Christian race- course?
17. How does the Church’s experience differ from that of her ‘Forerunner’?
18. What is the significance of love as ‘the girdle’?
19. How is love the ultimate ‘end of the commandment’?
20. How is love the ‘fulfilling of the Law’?
21. How is love the ‘law of the New Creation’?
22. Why is love called ‘the perfect law of liberty’?
23. How are the ‘fruits of the Spirit’ but different manifestations of love?
24. How may we discern the true fruits of the holy Spirit?
25. How is ‘zeal the measure of love’?
26. What is the importance of loving zeal and how may we cultivate it?
27. How may we cultivate loving submission?
28. Must perfect love include sinners and also our enemies? and how may we determine that it is the sin we hate and not the ...
Lu 6:27, 28; R2412 col. 2 ¶4, 5; R2896 col. 1 ¶1, 2; Manna , March 21
29. What is the relation between love and justice ?
30. What is the relation between love and benevolence ?
31. What is the relation between love and fear ?
32. What is the relation between love and knowledge ?
33. What is the best evidence of our acceptableness with the Lord?
34. How may we become copies of God’s dear Son?
R2330 col. 2 ¶1, 2; R3020 col. 2 ¶3 to 3021 col. 1 ¶3
35. How must we keep ourselves in the love of God?
36. How should we examine ourselves and overcome the unlovely spirit of criticism and harsh judgment?
37. How must love deal with evil surmisings?
38. How shall we fulfil the command, ‘Love one another’?
39. Would it be showing partiality to manifest different degrees of love?
40. How may we ‘consider one another to provoke unto love’?
41. How should we apply the Golden Rule?
42. How may love exercise combativeness?
43. How should the spirit of love control the tongue?
44. What should be our attitude toward all our fellow creatures?
45. What is the significance of the warning, ‘Love not the world’?
46. How should we examine ourselves lest our ‘heart’ deceive us?
47. After having reached ‘the mark,’ is activity still essential?
48. What should be the leading characteristic of an Elder?
49. How does love enable us to be ‘comforters in Zion’?
50. Why is love one of the ‘tests of the harvest’?
51. Will our love be proven and tested to the utmost?
52. Why does the Apostle rank patient- endurance above even love?
53. How will the law of love operate during the Millennial Age?
54. What is the bond of oneness in the Divine Family?
55. What was the greatest manifestation of love toward man on the part of him who ‘is love’?
56. How should the contemplation of Jesus’ life help us to ‘abide in the Father’s love’?
57. What special experiences and practices have notably assisted you in developing more of the spirit of love?