Berean Studies / Ber01 - Faith
(Use your Browser's "Find" or "Search" option to search within this page)
Single Click a triangle below to see the references CT Russell selected for the associated question. The study questions (with the references) are also included as an attached Adobe PDF file at the bottom of this page.
1. What is faith?
2. Name the two component elements of faith.
3. How does faith differ from credulity?
4. What is the importance of a proper faith?
Heb 11:6; F315; F693 ¶1; R1719 col. 2 ¶4- 6 ‘It is important ... ‘
5. What is the relation between faith and knowledge?
6. How is faith ‘the gift of God’?
7. Is faith in Christ necessary to salvation?
8. What is the immediate result of faith in Christ during the Gospel Age?
9. How is Jesus the ‘author and finisher of our faith’?
10. Is a simple confession of faith necessary?
11. Is feeling an essential part of faith?
12. Explain the difference between faith as a basis for justification and faith as a fruit of the Spirit.
13. What is ‘the good fight of faith’?
14. How should we fight the good fight?
15. For whom and against whom do we fight?
16. What does it mean to ‘walk by faith’?
17. Why are trials of faith permitted?
18. What are some of the present rewards of faith?
19. What is the future inheritance of faith?
21. Define ‘full assurance’ of faith and hope.
Heb 10:22; 6:11; R2642 col. 1 ¶4
22. How may we attain and retain full assurance of faith?
23. What are the hindrances to full assurance of faith?
24. How may we increase our faith?
25. Name some features of ‘present truth’ which have increased your faith.
26. What is the relation between faith and works ?
27. Who constitute the ‘household of faith’?
28. Explain Jas 5:14- 16
29. What is the significance of the symbols, shield and anchor, in connection with faith and hope?
30. What will be the relation between faith and knowledge in the Millennial Age?