Berean Studies / Ber07 - Prayer
(Use your Browser's "Find" or "Search" option to search within this page)
Single Click a triangle below to see the references CT Russell selected for the associated question. The study questions (with the references) are also included as an attached Adobe PDF file at the bottom of this page.
1. What is prayer? ‘Prayer is the soul’s sincere desire, uttered or unexpressed.’
2. What is the privilege and power of prayer?
3. What is the object of prayer?
4. What is the necessity for prayer?
5. What is the necessity for persistency in prayer?
R2005 col. 2 ¶5, 6; R2865 col. 2 ¶3; R3662 Subhead: IMPORTUNITY IN PRAYER
6. To whom and through whom should we pray?
7. Before whom should we pray?
8. What should be our manner of approach to God in prayer?
R1864 col. 1 ¶8, col. 2 ¶3 (3rd & 4th ¶ of article); R2251 col. 1 ¶4, 5;
R3352 col. 1 ¶3
9. What should be our position in prayer?
R2501 col. 2 ¶5; R3640 col. 1 ¶4
10. What are the conditions of acceptable prayer to God?
11. How should we distinguish between worshipping God ‘in spirit and in truth,’ and mere lip- service?
12. Why should our petitions be for help ‘in time of need’?
13. Can we come too often to God in prayer, or is any affair of our lives too trivial to bring to his attention?
14. Why will not our Heavenly Father give us the things needful without our asking ?
15. How may we learn not to ‘ask amiss,’ and thus have all our petitions answered?
1Jo 5:14, 15; R2005 col. 2 ¶7- 9; R3217 col. 2 ¶2, 3; R3338 col. 2 ¶5;
R3354 col. 1 ¶1; R2865 col. 2 ¶4
16. Why does God delay answering our prayers?
17. Should we strive to co- operate with the Lord in answering our prayers?
18. For what should we pray?
19. For what should we not pray?
1Jo 5:16; R2612 col. 1 ¶5; R2006 col. 2 ¶1; R3665 col. 1 ¶1
20. Is it proper to pray for the conversion of sinners?
21. What is the cost of selfish prayers?
22. What is meant by ‘vain repetitions’ in prayer?
23. How may we be ‘instant in prayer’?
24. What does it mean to ‘pray without ceasing’?
25. How should we understand, ‘Ye shall ask what ye will , and it shall be done unto you’?
26. What relative privileges in prayer have justified and consecrated persons?
27. What privileges of prayer do the children of consecrated parents enjoy?
28. How should we look out for the interests of each other through prayer?
29. What is the relation between faith and prayer?
30. What is the relation between prayer and thanksgiving ?
31. What is the relation between fasting and prayer?
32. What is the value of secret prayer?
33. What are the special advantages of family prayer?
34. What is the value of prayer in the Church ?
35. Are promiscuous public prayers authorized?
36. What is the necessity for prayer in opening and closing meetings for the study of the Word of God?
37. What are some good suggestions respecting prayer and testimony meetings?
38. Is it proper to pray for baptisms of the Holy Spirit?
39. May the consecrated pray for physical healing ?
40. What is our privilege with respect to the healing of soul- sickness ?
41. How should we regard modern faith- healing, miracles, etc.?
42. How do we explain Jas. 5:14- 16?
43. What lessons should we learn from our Lord’s example in prayer?
44. What was the nature of our Lord’s petition in Joh 17:15- 26?
45. What is the import of ‘the model prayer’ our Lord taught his disciples?
46. What should be the special nature of our petitions?
47. Why must we watch as well as pray?
48. What is meant by ‘the spirit of prayer’?
49. How do we understand that ‘the spirit maketh intercession for us,’ etc.?
50. What has been suggested as a probable and special occasion for prayer in the Millennial Age ?